IELTS SPEAKING PART 1 WITH MODEL ANSWERS ABOUT NAMES

Who gave you your name ?
Do you think your name is special?

What’s the origin of your name? (or your surname)
Do you like your name?
What do your friends call you?
Did your family have a certain (nick) name that they called you when you were a child?
What names are popular to give to babies in your country?
 Sample Answers
Who gave you your name ? / What’s the origin of your name?
My name is named after a famous figure who my parents really admire and they really hope that I can turn out to be exactly like her in the future. So yeah, I guess both of them agreed upon the name.
Do you think your name is special?
Actually, the name [……] is fairly common in my country. You would be pretty surprised at how many girls here are named [….]. But, in a sense, this name is special to me because my parents gave it to me and it will stay with me for my whole life.
Do you like your name?
Definitely yes! It’s a simple, yet meaningful name to me. Say if you ask me whether I would like to change my name into another one, my answer would be a big no.
What do your friends call you?
It really depends. Most of my close friends prefer to call me by my nickname, “Pup”. Meanwhile, others just use my first name.
Did your family have a certain (nick) name that they called you when you were a child?
When I was born, I had been crying for more than 2 hours. Therefore, my parents decided to call me Crocodile, which turned out to be my nickname afterwards. It was such a funny name which still makes me embarrassed when my parents call my nickname in front of my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - DISCUSSION ESSAY - SANJANA REDDY KOTHA

IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - ADVANTAGE & DISADVANTAGE ESSAY - RUTWIK REDDY ANUGU

IELTS SPEAKING - PART 1 - TOPIC : ISLAND